What is the Promise Pilot Program?
3,250 Cook County households will be chosen via a lottery system to receive no strings attached $500/month for 24 months. More than one-third of all Cook County households are eligible to apply.
Who is Eligible?
- 18 years or older;
- A resident of Cook County;
- Household income is at or below 250% of the federal poverty level or less; and
- Not currently receiving funds from another guaranteed income pilot. This includes the City of Chicago’s Resilient Communities pilot.
- Anyone can apply regardless of their immigration status.
Note: Cook County elected officials and employees (and their family members) are not eligible to participate in the pilot.
What is the Federal Poverty Level?
Household/Family Size 250% Federal Poverty Level
*For each additional member over 8, add $11,800.
What is a household?
- The applicant
- Anyone who depends on the applicant (spouse, child, etc.) for most of their expenses (including household expenses i.e. utility bills)
- Anyone the applicant depends on
Example: A family that lives together but does not share expenses and file taxes separately is considered separate households. One member from each household can apply.
Required at Time of Initial Application
- State ID or picture/Selfie
Can be Uploaded at the Time of Application OR Later in the Application Process
- DHS benefit award letter (SNAP/MEDICAL)
- Proof of income
- Proof of residency
Walk-In and Outreach Days
Walk-In: 1300 W Northwest Hwy, Mt Prospect, IL 60056
- October 6: 9am – 12pm and 1pm – 4pm
- October 11: 9am -12pm and 1pm – 4pm
- October 17: 9am – 12pm and 1pm – 6:30pm
- October 21: 9am – 12pm and 1pm – 6:30pm
Outreach Days (subject to change/additions)
- Wednesday October 12, 2022 at the Des Plaines Library
- Thursday Oct 13, 2022 at Partners for Our Communities in Palatine
- Thursday Oct 20, 2022 at Partners for Our Communities in Palatine
- To Find Application Assistance Near You: Click Here
Translated Flyers Available: Arabic; English; French; Hindi; Korean; Polish; Simplified Chinese; Spanish; Tagalog; Traditional Chinese; Urdu; Vietnamese
Click here to sign up for updates about the Promise Pilot from Cook County or for more information!