Northwest Compass has an incredible opportunity for a Marketing & Development Intern to join our talented team in the Northwest suburbs. If selected, you will join a group of caring professionals dedicated to our mission of enhancing the community by providing emergency services, education and empowerment to foster personal responsibility for those who are vulnerable or in crisis.
- Gain a basic understanding of the mission of Northwest Compass and become knowledgeable about mission-driven programs and working with under-served populations.
- Assist with volunteer communication, outreach and recruitment.
- Help create and disseminate materials to promote Northwest Compass.
- Assist with creating communication tools such as emails, newsletters and community presentations.
- Support the agency’s social media platforms (Facebook and Linkedin). Interns will be responsible for content development, daily monitoring and fostering audience engagement and growth.
- Conduct in-depth research on funding possibilities for programs and initiatives.
- Contribute to the proposal drafting process.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Skills Gained Include:
- Learning about how a nonprofit secures funding.
- Provide an inside look at the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit.
- Increasing oral and written communication skills.
- Gain a better understanding of ways to market a nonprofit.
- Should be proficient in Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of other creative software (i.e., PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite) a plus.
- Understanding of social media platforms and social strategies a plus.
- Must have the ability to work independently and know when to seek advice.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be available for a minimum of 10 or more hours per week.
- Must be dependable and positive, ready to dig in, learn and contribute.
Please note this is an unpaid academic internship which may be used for credit.
Questions? Please send all inquiries through e-mail and we will respond promptly.
Ready to Apply? Please submit your resume with cover letter below, or e-mail to us.
We look forward to hearing from you!