Northwest Compass has an incredible opportunity for an Accounting Intern to join our talented team in the Northwest suburbs. If selected, you will join a group of professionals dedicated to our mission of enhancing the community by providing emergency services, education and empowerment to foster personal responsibility for those who are vulnerable or in crisis.
- Gain a basic understanding of the mission of Northwest Compass and become knowledgeable about mission driven programs and working with under-served populations.
- Assist with the daily and monthly income reconciliations procedures.
- Help with the preparing and filing of accounting documents.
- Assist with the accounts payable procedures.
- Assist with month-end financial reconciliations.
- Take on ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Should be proficient in Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail.
- A current or prior undergrad with a focus on accounting.
- Must have the ability to work independently and know when to seek advice.
- Must be available for a minimum of 10 or more hours per week.
- Must be a dependable person with a positive attitude.
Please note this is an unpaid academic internship which may be used for credit.
Questions? Please send all inquiries through e-mail and we will respond promptly.
Ready to Apply? Please submit your resume with cover letter below, or e-mail to us.
We look forward to hearing from you!